Efek Akupresur Dalam Mengatasi Mual Muntah Selama Kehamilan
Background: Pregnancy is physiological. During first trimester pregnancy, 87.8% of a woman experiences nausea and vomiting, and about 90% of vomiting nausea goes away by 16 weeks of gestation. If nausea and vomiting are severe and persistent, the condition can develop into hyperemesis gravidarum. A study showed that 34% of pregnant women did not use the drug (vitamin B6) and 26% used the drug for less than the prescribed dose and they expressed a lack of confidence in the safety of the drug and preferred Complementary and Alternative Medicines (CAM). Acupressure is a type of stimulation for acupuncture with finger pressure or using the hand. Goal: to see the effect of acupressure on vomiting nausea in pregnancy. Method: This study is a literature review. Results: From a study in several studies showed that acupressure performed at the Neiguan point (Pericardium 6 / P6) by using a bracelet (wristband) continuously for 4 limits or acupressure at kidney point 21 (K1D21) diving 20 minutes per day within 4 limits can reduce vomiting nausea in pregnancy. Acupressure is no better than vitamin B6, ginger capsules are more effective than acupressure, but acupressure is more effective than acupuncture in reducing vomiting nausea in pregnancy.
2. Festin M. Nausea and Vomiting in Early Pregnancy. Clinical Evidence 2009;06:1405. Festin M. Nausea and vomiting in early pregnancy. BMJ Clin Evid. 2014 Mar 19;2014:1405. PMID: 24646807; PMCID: PMC3959188. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24646807/
3. Lee NM, Saha S. Nausea and Vcmitingof Pregnancy. GastroenterolClin N Am 40 (2011) 309-334. Lee NM, Saha S. Nausea and vomiting of pregnancy. Gastroenterol Clin North Am. 2011;40(2):309-vii. doi:10.1016/j.gtc.2011.03.009. https://www. ncbi.nlm.nih. gov/pmc/ articles/ PMC3676933/
4. Niebyl JR. Clinical practice. Nausea and vomiting in pregnancy. N Engl J Med. 2010 Oct 14;363(16):1544-50. doi: 10.1056/NEJMcp1003896. Erratum in: N Engl J Med. 2010 Nov 18;363(21):2078. PMID: 20942670.. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20942670/
5. Barens J. Complementary Therapies in Pregnancy. Pharm J. 2003;270:402-4
6. Baggley A, Navioz Y, Maltepe C, Koren G, Einarson A. Determinants of women's decision making on whether to treat nausea and vomiting of pregnancy pharmacologically. J Midwifery Womens Health. 2004 Jul-Aug;49(4):350-4. doi: 10.1016/j.jmwh.2004.03.011. PMID: 15236716. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15236716/
7. Pleuvry B.J., ‘Physiology and Pharmacology of Nausea and Vomiting’, Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine., 7.12 (2006), 473–77. file:///C:/Users/C%20U%20S%20T%20O%20M%20E%20R/ Downloads/ pleuvry2006.pdf
8. Lee EJ, Frazier S. The Efficacy of Acupressure for Symptom Management: ASystematic Review. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2011 October ; 42(4): 589-603. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/ PMC3154967/pdf/ nihms282571.pdf
9. Shin YH, Kim TI, Shin MS, Juon HS. Effect of Acupressure on Nausea and Vomiting During Chemotherapy Cyclefor Korean Postoperative Stomach Cancer Patients. Cancer Nursing TM, Vol. 27, No. 4,2004. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15292721/
10. Rad NM, Liunyian M, Heshmat R, Jaafarabadi MA, Yazdani S. A Randomized Clinical Trial of the Efficacy of KID21 Point (Youmen) Acupressureon Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy. Iran Red Crescent Med J. 2012:14(11).
11. I I. Norheim AJedersen EJ, Fennebe V, Berge L. Acupressure treatment of morning sickness in pregnancy. A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Scand J Prim Health Care. 2001 Mzu:;19(1):43-7.
12. Dundee .1W, Sourial FBR, Ghaly RG, Bell PF. P6 acupressure reduces morning sickness. Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine Volume 81 August 1988.
13. Steele NM', French J, Gatherer-Boyles 1, Newman S, Leclaire S. Effect of acupressure by Sea-Bands on nausea and vomiting of pregnancy. J ObstetGynecot Neonatal Nurs. 2001 Jan-Feb;30(1):61-70.
14. Can Gurkan 0, Arslan H. Effect of acupressure on nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. Complement TherClinPract. 2008 Feb;14(1):46-52.
15. Shin HS, Song YA, Seo S. Effect of Nei-Guan point (P6) acupressure on ketonuria levels, nausea and vomiting in women with hyperemesis gravidarum. J AdvNurs. 2007 Sep;59(5):510-9. Epub 2007 Jul 20.
16. Jamigorn M, Phupong V. Acupressure and vitamin B6 to relieve nausea and vomiting in pregnancy: a randomized study. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2007 Sep;276(3):245-9. Epub 2007 Feb 21.
17. Saberi F, Sadat Z, Abedzadeh-Kalahroudi M, Taebi M. Acupressure and Ginger to Relieve Nausea and Vomiting in Pregnancy: a Randomized Study. Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal. 2013 September; 15(9): 854-6 I .
18. Helmreich RJ, Shiao SY, Dune LS. Meta-analysis of acustimulation effects on nausea and vomiting in pregnant women. Explore (NY). 2006 Sep-Oct;2(5):412-21.
19. Ezzo J, Streitberger K, Schneider A. Cochrane systematic reviews examine P6 acupuncture-point stimulation for nausea and vomiting. 1 Altern Complement Med. 2006;12(5):489-95.
20. Wu GC, Zhu J, Cao X. Involvement of opioid peptides of the peroptic area during electro acupuncture analgesia. Acupunct Electrother Res. 1995;20:1-6.
21. Takeshige C, Sato M. Comparisons of pain relief mechanisms between needing to the acupuncture point. A3rpunct Electrodier.1996 Apr-Jun;21(2):119-31.